Terms and Conditions
Terms of Business
All details of business terms, prices & descriptions of items offered for sale in this shop are current, subject to change without prior notice & replace any previously advertised details.
Acknowledgment & Acceptance of Orders
No contract will exist between you and us until we have received full payment from you and have dispatched the ordered products. Please note that our initial acknowledgment of your order does not constitute acceptance of that order. You may also receive a payment acknowledgment email from Paypal, this again does not constitute acceptance of that order.
Should we, for any reason, decide not to accept your order we will advise you accordingly and any monies paid will be refunded less freight charges.
All items are sold by the Medallion Militaria on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Payment must be made or sent upon confirmation of your order and freight costs. Whilst we make every endeavour to ensure that our web site is updated on frequent basis, Please note that ordering though our web site is not a guarantee of sale, should the item have already been sold though other methods.
All items are sold as genuine and original unless otherwise stated. Any item subsequently proved to be fake, renamed or not entitled to bars supplied with the medal, may be returned and payment will be refunded or credited less freight charges.
All payments made through our web site are fully secure, and we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Paypal payments. However, we are happy to take verbal payments by phone or email. If you are visiting our premises, we accept cash or eftpos transactions in addition to the above methods.
Payment will be charged only at the time of despatch of your order, and will be processed in New Zealand dollars. We also accept personal cheques, but drawn on New Zealand banks only. For new or unknown customers, we will withhold despatch until we obtain a bank clearance (approximately a week). If submitting a telegraphic transfer, please add the bank fees for all orders under $1,500.00 NZ. Please add 4% to all Paypal transactions, to cover their costs.
Lay By Plan
We offer our customers a lay by plan on any orders over $300.00. We require a 20% deposit at the time of placing the order. This is non refundable, and will cover administration costs. The balance must be paid within a three month period, in regular payments. should the client be unable to complete the transaction during this time frame, we will return the item to stock, and refund all payments, less the initial 20%. Full payment can be made at any time. If paying by cheque, please send three post dated cheques to cover the dates for payment.
All items which we offer are considered by us to be genuine and of period manufacture, unless stated otherwise. We offer a money back guarantee on any items supplied, less postage, with the following provisos:
- Should you not be happy with your purchase, contact us within seven days of receiving the order. The item must be returned in the condition that it was sent, and not tampered with
- Items purchased in error, or as a result of inaccurate translation from the internet system will not be refunded
- If the product has been offered for resale during the period, the warranty will be voided.
- The purchaser is responsible for ensuring that the item can be legally imported into their country. Should this result in a return, we will offer a credit that may be used to purchase further items, but no cash credit.
- Any refunds will be made via the same channel that payment was made.
- We offer our products for the purpose of historical collection and understanding only. We do not offer for wear or dress up. While we endeavour to assist the buyer in terms of size and fit, we do not accept returns as a result of not being suitable for wear.
Technical Terms and Abbreviations used
When describing items, the terms “Gold, “Silver” and “Bronze” will generally be used to describe their perceived colour and/or recognised grade. If we are referring to bullion materials, we will describe them appropriately, and where possibly will give the stamped grade.
The following abbreviations are used as applicable: “QVC”- Queen Victoria Crown; “KC”- King Edward Crown; “QC”- Queen Elizabeth Crown; “B” – Brass; “WM”- White Metal (usually cupronickel); “Bz”- Bronze; “An”- Anodized Aluminium;
“EK”- Edge Knock (referring to a ding on the rim of a medal).
Grading: “EF’ Extra fine (near unissued condition) ; “VF”- Very fine (In very nice condition, but with some wear, mainly to the high points); “F”- Fine (with obvious general wear, but presentable); VG- Very Good (definite signs of wear but no major damage); “G’- Good (Quite worn, but complete).
Availability of Goods
In the unlikely event that an item has been sold by the time that you place your order, we will inform you by return e-mail.
Delivery Charges and Insurance
All orders are subject to a delivery, packing & handling charge. As a general guide for local buyers we offer the following:
· Small packets (medal or badge size) Untracked post $6.00; Tracked urban $8.50; Tracked rural $12.50
· Larger parcels will depend on weight, and will be quoted at the time of order
· All orders over $150.00 Will be sent by insured, unless specified by the buyer
· No insurance, no claim if the parcel is lost.
· All overseas orders will be quoted for freight, prior to full payment
· Overseas buyers: Small packets- $10.00 uninsured, and $25.00 for insured.
Although we offer a world wide export scheme, and trust & rely on the various delivery systems used to work properly, it must be understood that items are sent entirely at the customer’s own risk. We will package the items well to prevent damage, and obtain all relevant despatch documents etc, but in the event of a parcel being lost in transit we will not be liable for such a loss. Insurance, to the limits quoted by the delivery company involved, against loss or damage is included in our quoted delivery prices but offers only minimal cover
All payments will be taken in New Zealand Dollars.
All photographs and descriptions on the web site are our property and are not to be reproduced without prior permission.